Monday, December 1, 2014

The November Crank-o-Meter: Almost a pic a day of abandoned or stolen Citi Bikes. Plus rant of the month



























  • There’s almost a new pic a day on Instagram of abandoned/stolen Citi Bikes. Prior to this month, we were cataloging only those pics showing up on Twitter and Facebook. See the pics.

  • Total complaints were off 35 percent from October and we expect to see that number drop further during the winter months.

  • As a percentage of the whole, complaints about bad behavior dropped by more than 60 percent and billing issues dropped by half.


Rant of the month

Just came inside from another infuriating attempt to use my citibike membership. Freezing cold, so the last thing that you want to do is walk to 3 or four different bike stations -- ALL of them with bikes that won't undock.
Yesterday was the same thing. Today I called to complain and the young lady at the other end of the phones attitude and tone of voice was basically very bored with having to deal with a customer.
This is my second year using citibike and it continues to get worse and worse. I don't want to have to go back to using my own bike and praying that it's still there when I come out but I am beginning to think that it is the only solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment